All classes are held on Tuesday afternoons during school terms 1, 2 and 3. All classes start on Tuesday 11th February 2020 (see below for Term dates for 2020). Classes are held in the church hall of Geraldton Anglican Cathedral, 101 Cathedral Avenue, Geraldton (see photo of the Cathedral below). The hall is just behind the cathedral. There is ample parking, and an enclosed grassy play area attached to the hall should you need to keep younger siblings safe and happy during an older child’s lesson. You are more than welcome to stay for the duration of your child’s lesson.
Physie involves participants attending a weekly lesson of 45 minutes duration. Each lesson is designed to increase strength, fitness, flexibility and co-ordination, within a highly social and fun environment. A key strength of Physie is its emphasis on developing self-confidence and positive self-esteem for every girl and lady attending.
Over the course of a year, participants learn 4 different routines to modern music of contrasting styles, each with a slightly different focus.
- Dance: co-ordination and aerobic fitness
- Rhythm and Floor: flexibility and gracefulness
- Exercises: accuracy, stretching and strength
- Deportment: posture and control.
At Physie, we are flexible about age groups, please feel free to ask which group would be best for you or your child.
- Tiny Tots: 3 – 5 years 4:00pm – 4:45pm
- Teeny Boppers: 6 – 13 years 4:45pm – 5:30pm
- Teens: 13 – 19 years 5:30pm – 6:15pm
- Ladies: 20+ 6:15pm – 7:00pm
- Term 1: Tues 11th Feb – Tues 7th April (9 lessons)
- Term 2: Tues 28th April – Tues 30 June (10 lessons)
- Term 3: Tues 21st July – Tues 22nd September (10 lessons)