All classes are held on Tuesday afternoons during school terms 1,2 and 3. All classes start on Tuesday 7th February 2017 (see below for Term dates for 2017). Classes are held in the church hall of Geraldton Anglican Cathedral, 101 Cathedral Avenue, Geraldton (see photo of the Cathedral below). The hall is just behind the cathedral. There is ample parking, and an enclosed grassy play area attached to the hall should you need to keep younger siblings safe and happy during an older child’s lesson. You are more than welcome to stay for the duration of your child’s lesson.
Physie involves participants attending a weekly lesson of 45 minutes duration. Each lesson is designed to increase strength, fitness, flexibility and co-ordination, within a highly social and fun environment. A key strength of Physie is its emphasis on developing self-confidence and positive self-esteem for every girl and lady attending.
Over the course of a year, participants learn 4 different routines to modern music of contrasting styles, each with a slightly different focus.
- Dance: co-ordination and aerobic fitness
- Rhythm and Floor: Flexibility and gracefulness
- Exercises: accuracy, stretching and strength
- Deportment:posture and control.
- Teeny Boppers: 8 – 13 year olds 4:45pm – 5:30pm
- Teens and Ladies: 5:30pm – 6:15pm
- Term 1: Tues 7th Feb – Tues 4th April
- Term 2: Tues 2nd May – Tues 27th June
- Term 3: Tues 18th July – Tues 19th September